Our experts offer answers to your most pressing governance questions.
Board service is a serious responsibility. In this session we’ll discuss:
- Governance: What are the responsibilities and the role of Board Members?
- What’s your risk – personal and professional?
- Fulfilling your fiduciary responsibility.
- What questions every Board Member should ask.
We encourage you to bring your board members with you. The goal of this conversation is to foster important discussions between management and the board, and we look forward to answering your questions.
Alexander Campbell, Associate, Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC
Mr. Campbell advises tax-exempt organizations on issues of corporate formation, governance, and risk management. As well as assisting in various tax and accounting reporting matters. He is involved as a Volunteer Attorney for BVU: The Center for Nonprofit Excellence.
Ellyn B. Lefko, Senior Manager, Ciuni & Panichi, Inc.
Ms. Lefko has over 15 years of experience in public accounting, working primarily with not-for-profit organizations. She has also served as a board member for multiple organizations.
What you should ask/know for sound governance?
Board service is such a serious responsibility we’re devoting two sessions.
During this interactive session you’ll learn:
- How to prepare for a good board meeting.
- What are the questions you should ask in board meetings?
It’s here… we’ll walk you through some real-life examples and show you what you need to know.
We will cover:
- Revenue recognition specific to not-for-profit organizations
- Exchange transactions
- Grant guidance
- Impact on memberships